|Business Directory | Products | Trade Leads | Tenders | Trade Shows | Travel|
- To regulate the conditions of recruitment, discharge, disciplinary action, holidays, etc. of workers employed in industrial undertakings and establishments.
Scope and coverage
- Applicable to industrial establishments wherein 50 or more workmen are or have been employed in the preceding 12 months.
- Central and state governments can make this Act applicable to establishments employing less than 50 persons, as in the case of UP and West Bengal.
- In Assam it is applicable to concerns employing 18 or more workers.
- Submission of draft standing orders.
- Certifications of standing orders.
- Modification of standing orders.
- Registration of standing orders.
- Amendments of the Act.
- Obligations and rights of employers.
- Obligations and rights of employees.
When to consult and refer
- At the time of expansion of the concern, when the number of workmen may increase, coming within the provision of the Act.
- When revising standing orders.
Copyright © 1996-2013 IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd. All rights reserved.